1. Operating system – Windows 7 64 bit operating system
2. Hard disk space – At least 2 GB free space
3. System RAM – At least 512 MB
1) Download Oracle 11g release 2
1. Go to Oracle website
2. Log in. You need to have an oracle account to download
3. Make sure you are downloading Oracle 11g release 2 for Windows 64 bit operating system.
4. Create a Oracle11g folder in desktop.
5.Extract both zip files into same folder. ( This will help us while installation)
1. Goto Oracle11g folder in desktop.
2. Open database folder
3. Right click setup.exe and select Run as Administrator
4. This is will launch Oracle Universal Installer. In landing page it will prompt you to put your email address for any future security update or support. Click Next.
5. Next step is to choose the database options. There are 3 options. It is best to choose ‘Create and Configure database” if you do not sure how to install database manually. Click Next.
6. Next we choose ‘Desktop Class’. This is for normal desktops and laptops. If you wish to install server you could choose ‘Server Class’ which is server-based systems. Click Next.
7. Next step is to provide configuration details
Oracle Base – Base folder. ORACLE_BASE
Software Location – This is called ORACLE_HOME
Global Database Name – This is the database identifier. You need to specify while logging into database. ORACLE_SID
Password – This is administrative password. You must supply Oracle recommended standards for passwords.
8. Next is pre-requisite checks. Wait till it finishes. Sometime it might take a while.
9. When finished it will display the window with summary of installation. Click Finish
10. Next is installation. This might take few minutes.
11. In between it will ask to click ‘Allow Access’ since windows firewall blocked it. Just click ‘Allow Access’
12. It will create and configure the database if you choose ‘Create Database and Configure’ in step 5.
13. Password Management. Unlock the account you want and supply password. Click OK
14. Database installation successfully completed. Click Close.
Congratulations ! You have successfully installed Oracle 11g on Windows 7 .